bogotune 0.2.2

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Mon Jun 23 12:46:34 CEST 2003

On 20030623 (Mon) at 1050:14 +0200, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
> Greg Louis wrote:
>
> > Version 0.2.2 of the script to simplify choosing parameter values for
> > bogofilter is now available at
> >
> > http://www.bgl.nu/bogofilter/bogotune-0.2.2.tgz
>
> Here is my output, it looks totally broken:
>
> > Recommended cache: 2 Mbytes

Yup.  Totally broken.  I have no idea what you did wrong but it looks
as though you pointed bogotune at a tiny training db.  With 30,000
mails used for training there is no way you'd get that recommendation.

> >                 x: 0.400000
> >    min. deviation: 0.020
> >                 s: 1.0000
> > Spam cutoff for 0.05% false positives is 0.842; expect 97.81% false neg.
> > Spam cutoff for 0.1% false positives is 0.815; expect 97.50% false neg.
> > Spam cutoff for 0.2% false positives is 0.805; expect 97.30% false neg.
> > Recommended nonspam cutoff is 0.2
>
> 2387 ham and 4072 spam used for testing, 10,000 spam and
> 20,000 ham used for training.

If you let me know what your command line was, I might be able to come
up with a diagnosis.  Also please mention whether you changed the
script's default working directory and if so, include that line of
the code.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |