token degeneration

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed Jun 4 22:37:48 CEST 2003

On 20030604 (Wed) at 2221:54 +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Isn't all this ultimately about similarity "match"? For any value of
> "similarity", of course, but looking at phonetic search or "looks
> similarly l33tsp33ch" searches this might be the way to go.

Now _there_ is an idea.  Instead of Paul's degeneration, do a Soundex
search if there's no exact match, and see if that helps!  I'd be
fascinated... handling mail in several languages might turn out to be
interesting, though, eh?

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |