-t output

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 30 14:52:28 CEST 2003

David Relson wrote:

> Bogofilter allows user specified formatting for reporting its status.

I know. My point is that this does not make sense for -t.

> The default spamicity_tags are "Y/N/U", but I prefer "S/H/U".  They could
> as easily be "A/B/C" or any other three strings.

And there is no way for another program to know without
complicated tricks. Or all those need to create special
config files.

> Moral:  a customized config file can make life difficult for a script.  To
> use a script, a user needs to have a compatible config file or else must
> modify the script.

And that seems to be a bad idea. Terse format is to use in
scripts. So better don't allow any change in the format, so
everybody can rely on that.

pi