Jesse Meyer meyer at btinet.net
Mon Jul 21 17:25:13 CEST 2003

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, David Relson wrote:

> Apparently some mailers generate invalid Content-Type
> headers.  Specifically, "Content-Type: text" has been seen.  It's invalid
> because the spec (rfc2045) requires 'type "/" subtype.  (See below for a
> quote from rfc2045).
>
> Currently bogofilter requires the slash and will skip a mime part whose
> content lacks the slash.  It has been suggested that bogofilter be changed
> to accept messages with non-conformant lines.
>
> The question is:  Should bogofilter continue to require the slash, or not?

I'm not a developer or programmer, but presumably bogofilter uses the
content type for some sort of scoring.  Why not allow an invalid content
type (no "/" subtype) to be used as another way to score the message?

~ Jesse Meyer

--
         icq: 34583382 / msn: dasunt at hotmail.com / yim: tsunad

   "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we
    pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr : Mother Night