Performance of Bogofilter, etc.

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Fri Jul 4 01:14:09 CEST 2003

(btw, the list search page appears to be down)

Someone recently introduced me to Bogofilter.

I've been using SpamAssassin, which I believe has a performance hit with
its perl design (though it's certainly suitable for my personal system).

Someone recently mentioned that they felt the Bayes implementation of SA
was superior.

I'm curious about input about BogoFilter, compared to others (not just SA),
and any performance issues/benchmarks.

I presume one could somehow port over the SA database files for use with
BogoFilter (I saw something in the FAQ but I believe that has to do with
messages, not the database).

Thanks.