mailbox classificataion

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Fri Jan 31 17:23:45 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 04:29:23AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> I don't believe that autodaemon will improve the performance when
> registering big mailboxes, because we'll copy data around, feed it
> through pipes and sockets which may again imply copying,

I would predict that those potential costs are tiny compared to the
benefit of not repeatedly loading/storing the database for each
message.

> and it's less robust.

That seems likely.  But the daemon architecture works fine in
SpamAssassin, so it's good enough.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370