autodaemon

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 31 04:34:54 CET 2003

Jake Di Toro <karrde at cox.net> writes:

> Ummmm, I double checked the licences before this but not the code.
> Both bogofilter and formail/procmail are licenced under GPLv2, so why
> not just use the code from formail directly.

Over my dead body.

I tried reading procmail code and it is unintelligible, I wonder how
anyone can maintain that. It doesn't even need obfuscation to enter the
Obfuscated C contest; formail being part of procmail won't be any
better.

We have the split functionality, and we're currently suffering from
program-internal interfaces that aren't good enough but that will be
cleaned up after the upcoming 0.10.X release. Doing that now would defer
0.10.X even more, and it should've been released a week ago, but too
many bugs had still to be fixed.

Technically, the cleanup will mean cascading our MIME parser with one of
the other parsers, so the split code need only really be in one place,
the MIME parser, not in three or more as it is now because every parser
is self-contained ATM; the other parts of bogofiler are usually prepared
to deal with either.