mailbox classificataion

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 31 04:27:18 CET 2003

Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> writes:

> And it causes all kinds of problems. I have said, and say again:
> let's take it out and make bogofilter only handle single messages.
> We will all be *much* happier with the results.

Hum, this convenience feature IS useful for setting up bogofilter for
the first time, to prime the data bases. Having it in bogofilter allows
for acceptable performance, because if you feed bogofilter with formail,
you're taking one fsync at least per mail, which is awfully slow.

I'd suggest that we use an explicit switch to tell bogofilter "this is a
mailbox" (we should also make it read Maildirs then) or "this is a
single mail" (this mode will be enforced for non-registering operations).