mailbox classificataion

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Thu Jan 30 19:33:25 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 10:15:48PM -0500, Gyepi SAM wrote:
> Aside from David's objection on the grounds that he'd hate to reduce
> bogofilter's feature set, does anyone else have a strong[1] objection to
> this change?

Yes, unless we come up with some other way to batch input to
bogofilter for training.  I suggest allowing message files to be
specified on the command-line, perhaps enabled by some option (call it
'-b' for batch for this example).  Then we could do:

	cd Maildir/spam/
	find cur new -type f | xargs bogofilter -s -b

This example assumes individual Maildir files for each message.

However, I've found that accessing huge Maildir directories -- such as
would be created in spam & ham archives -- gets to be quite slow,
perhaps because of ext2 overhead in dealing with such large directories.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370