Compilation problem with bogofilter-0.10.1.3 - tests still fail.

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jan 30 22:03:53 CET 2003

Nick,

A great problem report.  It's got all the information needed to diagnose
the problem and generate the fixes.

Good work!!!

David

At 01:03 PM 1/30/03, Nick Simicich wrote:
>Downloaded the new release of bogofilter, it would not compile on my system.

Am I right to assume that the generated config.h on your system has a
"#undef HAVE_INTTYPES_H" line in it?  If so, we can bracket the #include
inttypes.h with an ifdef and provide our own typedef (as you have done).
What bogofilter wants is a 32 bit unsigned int.  Since the proper
declaration depends on system architecture, I'll let Matthias handle the
problem.

The test failures I can deal with ...

>These two tests still fail:
>
>[root at scifi bogofilter]# sh -x ./t.lexer.mbx -v

...[snip]...

>+ RESULT=1145.3074
>+ WANT=1147.3075

What's happening here is that on your machine bogofilter is finding 1145
spam tokens and 3074 non-spam tokens in the test inputs, i.e.
tests/bogofilter/inputs/(spam,good).mbx.  On my machine it finds 1147 and
3075.

I looked at the robx.20030130/outputs.vvv file because it lists all the
tokens in spamlist.db and found that I have two tokens with character 0xAE
(decimal 174) which is the "Registered Sign".  Evidentially there's a
lexer/library difference.

I've deleted the special charactter from the test inputs and update the
expected results.

If you're game, it's time for a cvs update and retest.