mailbox classificataion

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Thu Jan 30 05:19:09 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 09:37:56PM -0600, Bob Parnass, AJ9S wrote:
> Restricting bogofilter to processing only a single message at a time
> would make training bogofilter more difficult, right?

Not at all ;)

> On several occasions, I've fed a file containing a large collection of spam
> to bogofilter and used the -s option.  Did the same thing
> with "ham" using the -n option.

This will not change.

> I have to do this whenever I rebuild bogofilter's .db files --
> when upgrading bogofilter, for example.
>
> Should I be rebuilding the .db files another way?

instead of saying

	bogofilter -s < spam.mbx

you'd now say

	formail -s bogofilter -s < spam.mbx

'formail' happens to be my mailbox splitter of choice, but
there are others too.

This operation would be slower than the old version since we open and close
the database files for each mail. If it is substantially slower, we can create
a registration front-end for mbox format mailboxes.

-Gyepi