mailbox classificataion

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Thu Jan 30 04:15:48 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 02:36:23AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> writes:
> >>So, why not use formail/procmail/milter to split the mailbox and give
> >>bogofilter individual messages?
> >
> > Of course, you can use formail -es, but we support -sSnN
> > with mboxes already. Strictly speaking this would not be
> > needed.
>
> Strictly speaking, the mailbox-splitting code isn't needed either, but
> ESR introduced it and it managed to survive up to now. :-)

And it causes all kinds of problems. I have said, and say again:
let's take it out and make bogofilter only handle single messages.
We will all be *much* happier with the results.

Aside from David's objection on the grounds that he'd hate to reduce
bogofilter's feature set, does anyone else have a strong[1] objection to
this change?

I honestly do not believe that this is a necessary feature. And it only
complicates the user interface and the code.

[1] My aversion to the current behaviour *is* strong.

-Gyepi