/etc/bogofilter.cf

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 24 14:35:48 CET 2003

At 08:13 AM 1/24/03, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
># Note: comment lines describe the configuration parameters
>#       and show other possible values for the parameter
>#
>#       non-comment lines show default values
>#       as used in the bogofilter source code.
>#       @@@ since this might be changed a better wording is needed
>#       @@@ unclear why sometimes we show defaults as comments and
>sometimes as active

Defaults should always be active.  Perhaps there was confusion because of
all the messages about switching to Robinson-Fisher for 0.11 - the _next_
release after the one currently in progress, i.e. 0.10

So I like what I see.  My biggest change has been in the format of the
section headers - took on the "end" lines and the word "begin" and
capitalized all the text of the header.

>user_config_file=~/.bogofilter.cf
>#user_config_file=~/.bogofilterrc
>#user_config_file=~/.bogofilter/config
>#@@@ can we change the last line to use bogofilter_dir?]

No.  Sorry.  Didn't implement $variable syntax.  Not necessary.

>#
>#       below are options showing name and current value
>#
># @@@ add explanation to these four settings:
># header_format = %h: %c, tests=bogofilter, spamicity=%p, version=%v
># terse_format = %1.1c %f
># log_header_format = %h: %c, spamicity=%p, version=%v
># log_update_format = register-%r, %w words, %m messages
>
>min_dev=0.0

Default is 0.1 for Robinson and Fisher.

>#### Format of spamicity output
>#
># for robinson or fisher (with binary state)
>#       using "Yes" and "No" as labels.
># @@@ does this also work for graham?

Yes.  I've changed the wording a bit.