religion

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed Jan 22 23:32:22 CET 2003

On 20030122 (Wed) at 1604:01 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> writes:
>
> > Nevertheless, I think there are sound arguments against what -u does,
> > except if (1) you use it in binary mode like Boris wants, and (2) you
> > go in and fix it very frequently with -S and -N as appropriate.
>
> > In binary mode, you enter every message into the training database.
> > That's ok.  But you must correct the errors.  If you don't, your
> > discrimination will deteriorate at an exponentially increasing rate.
>
> OK. So what if -u is still in use and the "unsure" are filed to a
> special folder and sorted and registered manually?

Why not file unsure, good and spam to separate folders and sort them
out and register unsures and errors manually?  That's exactly what I
do.  The differences from -u are (1) you don't let bogofilter put its
mistakes into the training db, so you don't have to take them out, and
(2) you don't bother registering mails that were correctly classified
in the first place -- as we've discussed elsewhere, this may or may not
be a Good Thing, but it seems ok in my experience.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |