How to avoid s p lit up wor ds?

Zack Brown zbrown at tumblerings.org
Tue Jan 21 15:08:17 CET 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 08:55:16AM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> At 08:36 AM 1/21/03, Zack Brown wrote:
>
> >Of course, for cases where the spammers use "from" lines taken from the
> >same place they got your address, you might end up counter-spamming some
> >poor friend of yours...
>
> In many cases the return addresses are totally bogus.  I have many cases
> where spam is sent to a non-existent user and postfix attempts to return it
> but is unable to because of the bogus return address.
>
> Counter-spamming might be fun, but it might also fill up your logs.

A single-key-press complaint to the ISP and/or whatever authority there
may be out there, would be cool. Has anyone implemented something that
automatically analyzes the headers and determines the proper email
addresses to complain to?

Actually, my understanding has been that sophisticated header munging is
too difficult to detect automatically. Is that actually the case?

If someone has such a tool that actually works, I'd love to hear about it.

Be well,
Zack

Zack Brown