robinson-fisher - two states vs three states

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Tue Jan 21 14:36:44 CET 2003

David Relson wrote:

>> > Lastly, for those who really, really don't ever want to see a message
>> > classified as "unsure", you can set the value of ham_cutoff to 0 (and
>> > bogofilter will only say "Yes" or "No")
>>
>>I don't find a command line option for this. Is there one?
>>It would be nice to have an option which says "use
>>spam_cutoff as the value of ham_cutoff". It is great that
>>setting it to 0 has that effect.
>
> Hi pi,
>
> You've been quiet for many weeks now.  I hope the new year is going well
> for you.

Lots of things were going on, now I am back on track:-)) And
for bogofilter I actually wanted to wait for MIME, so I did
not really look that much at other improvements.

> We don't have a command line option for that - yet.  I've been thinking
> that "-2" and "-3" would work.  If you don't like those choices, let me know.

Sounds great.

Til then I will use the following in ~/.bogofilter.cf:
algorithm=fisher
ham_cutoff = 0.00

I hope my understanding is correct that this will do the job.

So far there is "min_dev=0.0" in /etc/bogofilter.cf. What
would be a good value to use? Is it correct that you should
not need to rebuild the database when changing the value?

pi