Not using /etc/bogofilter.cf?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 17 21:26:14 CET 2003

At 02:36 PM 1/17/03, Doug Mandell wrote:

>I've recently noticed that it doesn't look like bogofilter is using
>/etc/bogofilter.cf. I've checked to make sure that there is only 1
>bogofilter.cf (none hidden away in .bogofilter) and that is indeed the
>case. What originally made me suspect that this config file wasn't being
>used was I noticed an email with a Bogosity level of greater than .90 and
>less than .95 was set to Bogosity: No, despite having changed the cutoff
>to .90.
>
>Well, I tried changing bogofilter.cf so that it would put the stats in the
>body of the email rather than the header, but the result has been the
>same.  So, if it's not using bogofilter.cf in etc what config is it
>using?  Is there any way to tell?  Would it help to try to put the cf file
>elsewhere?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Doug

Doug,

You're the first to report a problem.  It's one I cannot reproduce, but
here's how to learn more:

Run command "bogofilter -x c -v < /dev/null".  The "-x c" turns on
DEBUG_CONFIG and the "-v" puts it at verbosity level.  I just ran this with
bogofilter-0.9.1.2 and got:

Debug: cannot open /etc/bogofilter.cf: No such file or directory
Debug: cannot open /home/relson/.bbogofilter.cf: No such file or directory
stats_prefix: ' '

Let me know what you get.