Not using /etc/bogofilter.cf?

Doug Mandell dmandell at gristle.org
Fri Jan 17 20:36:59 CET 2003

I've recently noticed that it doesn't look like bogofilter is using /etc/bogofilter.cf. I've checked to make sure that there is only 1 bogofilter.cf (none hidden away in .bogofilter) and that is indeed the case. What originally made me suspect that this config file wasn't being used was I noticed an email with a Bogosity level of greater than .90 and less than .95 was set to Bogosity: No, despite having changed the cutoff to .90.

Well, I tried changing bogofilter.cf so that it would put the stats in the body of the email rather than the header, but the result has been the same.  So, if it's not using bogofilter.cf in etc what config is it using?  Is there any way to tell?  Would it help to try to put the cf file elsewhere?

Thanks,

Doug