md5 sums [was: TODO for 1.0]

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Jan 13 21:19:42 CET 2003

Quoting David Relson (relson at osagesoftware.com):
> I don't see the need for bogofilter's knowing a message has already been
> processed.  Some people will take a message that bogofilter incorrectly

If people don't want to accidentally run a message through bogofilter,
instead of bloating bogofilter with functionality it doesn't need, just
just "formail".  In my .procmailrc, I eliminate duplicates using:

:0 Whc: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

:0 a:
Mail/duplicates

Stop trying to make bogofilter into a swiss army knife!

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
Command, n.: