procmail question

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 10 15:04:49 CET 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, David Relson wrote:

> No huge mailbox files.  The biggest file involved is 3MB.
>
> Procmail has only logged "Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded" on Jan
> 8.  There were 10 messages logged for the first email (between 12:07:02 and
> 20:54:05) and 1 message logged for a second email (at 21:03:24).
>
> This morning I added the following to /etc/procmailrc
>
>         VERBOSE=yes
>         LOGABSTRACT=yes
>         LOG=/var/log/procmail
>
> Time will tell whether the problem recurs.

On the "goodlist.db corruption" issue, I have now serialized my
bogofiltering, in my .mailfilter, I have this:

flock ".bogofilter.lock" {
    xfilter "bogofilter -e -p -u -r -l"
}

This has been in place for 2 and a half hours now, without .db
corruption so far, with more than 150 mails filtered. So I do think
there might be really locking issues. I'll observe things for more time
before going to dig for a locking bug though.