test fails on HP

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Fri Jan 10 00:44:11 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:06:40PM -0600, Timothy VanFosson wrote:
> Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I am trying to get Bogofilter
> 0.9.1.2 to run on my HP using HP-UX 11.00.

I had some weirdness in 'make check' on my FreeBSD 4.4 box under the
root account whose default shell was csh.  I typically type 'bash' after
logging in and then do my stuff.  However I ran into an odd problem
with the bogoutil test.

The driver.sh file that runs run.sh looks like this:
  # !/bin/sh
  set -x
  env num=${num} ${SHELL:=/bin/sh} ${srcdir}/run.sh
And run.sh is similiar:
  # !/bin/sh
  set -x

Whenever running the tests I would get an error about run.sh's "set"
line -- I did an "echo $SHELL" in that file and found out that it was
using /bin/csh.  I think that's bogus as if I type 'bash' and then echo
the $SHELL its still csh.

For some reason the line in driver.sh calling run.sh is giving off some
extremely bad mojo on my system.  I even changed the shell line to
"/bin/bash" and it didn't help.

So I changed the default shell of root to /bin/bash (checking that Bash
was statically linked) and all's working fine now.

Course this has nothing to do with your problem!

Chris