Fisher, exim, word pairs and thanks

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Fri Jan 3 18:57:26 CET 2003

Greg Louis wrote:
> On 20030102 (Thu) at 1619:58 -0600, Karl Schmidt wrote:
>
>>I think an argument might be made that it is better to waste computer
>>time than user time.
>

> I won't quarrel if you'll fund the computer muscle :)  As long as the
> computer can handle several thousand messages an hour on average, and
> it can be shown by queuing theory that the instantaneous probability of
> its losing email due to saturation is somewhere in the 1e-5 range, we
> have room to increase complexity of the classification algorithm.

I have a hunch there are lots of folks just running  on a personal
machine. Anyway, as a optional stting down the road I bet it will work
very well.  My thanks again for sharing your hard work.

On another tangent - once in operation, is it better to add all emails
to the db - even the ones correctly sorted or just the ones missed?

Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

Definition of Windows XP:
SPAM, thinly disguised as an operating system