unregistration options

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Fri Feb 28 10:14:22 CET 2003

Hiya bogofilter,

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:12:28AM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 06:47:46PM -0500, Greg Louis wrote:
> > If you're reopening the poll I vote you proceed as you had planned: -S
> > and -N unregister, and -Sn and -Ns do the old thing.  With respect and
> > sympathy for Dan's position, I still feel this approach is clean and
> > elegant and will save more headaches than it causes.
> Is there any good reason we can't keep backwards compatibility and make
> the new thing use the new options?

Sorry forgot to add:
Backwards compatibility is good even if all it means is that new
switches are throught through much more before they are put in place.

Sure somtimes you need to break it but this seems like an unecessary
change.

Simon.

--
[ "Step #1 in programming: understand people." -- Linus                ]
        Black Cat Networks.  http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/