bogofilter - feedback from client to mail server

Kevin Coyner kevin at rustybear.com
Sun Feb 23 02:01:18 CET 2003

I have a small LAN for a half dozen users with a POP mail server that I
set up.  The mail server filters spam with bogofilter.

On my workstation, I use Mutt.  Sometimes a bit of spam will get past
bogofilter and make it to my workstation (separate box from the mail
server, although same LAN).

Has anyone come up with a good Mutt way of getting that spam back to the mail
server so that bogofilter can be run against it to update the files goodlist.db
and spamlist.db?

I've seen several pages on the web on how to use Mutt macros to send the
spam through bogofilter -N and -S when bogofilter is run on the same
machine as Mutt.

But what I haven't figured out is a clever way of using similar macros
to get that same type of feedback back to bogofilter on the mailserver
box.

Any thoughts?

--
Kevin Coyner