Compiling in Red hat 6.2

Nick Simicich njs at scifi.squawk.com
Fri Feb 21 14:31:31 CET 2003

At 03:59 PM 2003-02-18 +0100, Paulo Jan wrote:

>Hi all:
>
>         Sorry if this has been asked before; I couldn't find any archives
> for this list.
>         I'm trying to compile the last stable version of bogofilter in a
> Red Hat 6.2 box (yes, it's old, but it has all the security updates
> installed, and it cannot be reinstalled because it's in production). I'm
> using the SRPM, and in the "configure" phase it tells me that it can't
> find the Berkeley DB. However, the fact is that I do have it installed,
> in the form of the "db3" and "db3-devel" RPMs (and if I'm not mistaken,
> bogofilter needs just v3 of the database, not v4). I have tried to add by
> hand the "--with-db" flag in the "configure" part of the spec file, but
> without success. Does anyone have any tips?

I have bogofilter running on RedHat 5 with Berkeley DB 4.

I have compiled and built, but not installed db-4.1.24

drwxr-xr-x  55 root     root         1024 Dec  5 11:59 db-4.1.24

I configure with the following option, only:

--with-db=/root/bogofilter/db-4.1.24/build_unix/

Note the build_unix directory from db-4.1.24.  Essentially, that is all I
have to do to make it work.

I do not use the srpm, I grab the tar.gz file, expand it, and run

./configure --with-db=/root/bogofilter/db-4.1.24/build_unix/

make && make check && make install

--
SPAM: Trademark for spiced, chopped ham manufactured by Hormel.
spam: Unsolicited, Bulk E-mail, where e-mail can be interpreted generally