accuracy [was: FAQ update]

Matej Cepl matej at ceplovi.cz
Wed Feb 19 15:02:03 CET 2003

Bob Parnass, AJ9S wrote:
> On several occasions, I've accidentally replied to an
> individual poster instead of the bogofilter email list because
> the list email does not set the "Reply to" field.
>
> I use Kmail and must remember to use "Reply All" instead of
> "Reply" when responding, then edit the "To:" field to remove
> the individual poster.  That's an error prone process.

Kmail has (or at least it had in versions working on KDE 1.*
which was the last time I used it) mechanism how to set up one
folder for each list you are subscribed to (which is admittedly
complicated, but workable) and join the folder with the email
address of the list and then you can reply by L key (IIRC) to the
list instead of author of the message.

I believe (maybe incorrectly) that most members of this list are
using some more sophisticated MUA (read: mutt :-) and they
usually tend not to like Reply-To: munging.

   Have a nice day,

      Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
Therefore, a man without a woman is like a bicycle without
a fish.