bogofilter (-o) & bogoutil (-c) bugs?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Feb 17 15:37:49 CET 2003

Bill,

Thanks for your message.  Detailed responses follow...

David

At 11:35 PM 2/16/03, W M Brelsford wrote:

>I'm new to this list, although I've been using bogofilter
>successfully for several months.  A few problems I've
>encountered:
>
>1. bogofilter -o <value>  seems to have no effect.

'-o' sets the spam_cutoff value.  Messages with scores above spam_cutoff
are classified as spam.  In the test below, I've classified a message that
has a score of 0.509410, which is less than the default spam_cutoff of
0.54.  The message was classified as "No" (not spam).  I then reran
bogofilter with "-o 0.500" to lower the spam_cutoff value and the messagee
is classifed as "Yes" (spam).  Here's the test:

[relson at osage 0103]$ bogofilter -C -v < msg.test

[relson at osage 0103]$ bogofilter -C -v -o 0.500 < msg.test

>2. The bogofilter man page lists two meanings for "-c".  Using it
>         to specify a config file works; using it to set a minimum
>         count has no effect (and yields no error message).

The man page is wrong.  It looks like some of bogoutil's options were put
into bogofilter's man page.  I'll correct that.

>3. bogoutil -c1  should remove tokens with 0 counts, but also
>         removes counts of 1.  -c0 removes nothing.

The code is keeping tokens with counts above the specified value.  I'll
correct the documentation.

>I still have these problems with 0.10.3 (using the i586 rpm).

The documentation will be corrected later today and the fixes will be in
the next release.