Unregistering Mail

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Feb 9 02:56:11 CET 2003

At 08:29 PM 2/8/03, Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 05:14:43AM -0500, Nick Simicich wrote:
> > My choices would be, in order (Think Australian Preference Ballot):
>
>So I'll toss in my choices:
>
>-s register spam
>-n register nonspam
>-u register spam/nonspam accordingly
>-U swap spam and nonspam (and get rid of -S and -N, which might
>become available for unregistering, if anyone needs it)
>
>And by all means, it should be no problem to change meaning
>of options now. Better now than later. :) The changes shall
>of course be well thought over.

Piotr,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your -U seems to require that bogofilter can
figure out what to do.  Suppose a user does all their registering manually
(from a command line or a mutt macro or something).  Sooner or later that
user will do the wrong thing.  With your suggested -U, there is no way to
correct the mistake.