Unregistering Mail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Feb 7 13:13:39 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> We could add a config file option that would make -S and -N "remove only
> options".  People could ignore the option or use it if they want it.
>
> Another solution would be to add an option that would make -S and -N
> "unregister only" actions.  This could be done with -U (which is
> currently available).  Thus -US would remove a message from the spamlist
> and -UN would remove it from the goodlist.  For flexibility -USn and
> -UNs could be allowed and would be equivalent to the current -S and -N.
>
> Do people want the ability to unregister mail?  If so what would be the
> preferred way to do it?  One of the above suggestions or something
> different?
>
> Speak up or accept the majority decision :-)

You forgot to mention Lybia and Cuba. SCNR.

Unregistering is fine, I'd support the -U switch. Allowing for -USn
however is not a wise decision because it makes the option parser
long-winded and with special cases all over the place. Let people use -N
instead. I. E. -U is only allowed with -S and -N, but not with -n, -s or -u.