registering spammails

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Feb 4 17:21:39 CET 2003

At 11:06 AM 2/4/03, Eric Persson wrote:

>Hi David,
>
>Thanks for your fast reply. Actually I didnt run make check at
>installtime, must have forgotten it. :) Well, this is the output from the
>end of it:

Output is perfect.  If "make check" passes all tests, then your build is
working as expected.

>I assume I dont need another make install after the make check, since it
>doesnt seem to change anything, just some testing.

Correct. "make check" precedes "make install".

>I tried adding the parameters you mentioned when registering a spam mail
>and got the following:
>[root at localhost eric]# cat spam_mail|/usr/local/bogofilter/bin/bogofilter
>-x d -vv -C -s -d /home/eric/.bogofilter/
>db_open( good, /home/eric/.bogofilter/goodlist.db, 1 )
>db_open( spam, /home/eric/.bogofilter/spamlist.db, 1 )
># 206 words, 1 message
>bogofilter: 1 messages on the spam list
>db_close(good, /home/eric/.bogofilter/goodlist.db, false)
>db_close(spam, /home/eric/.bogofilter/spamlist.db, false)
>[root at localhost eric]# ls -l .bogofilter/
>total 24
>-rw-------    1 eric     eric        16384 Feb  4 16:45 goodlist.db
>-rw-------    1 eric     eric         8192 Feb  4 16:45 spamlist.db
>[root at localhost eric]#              ^^^^^^^^ - still seems empty

With 206 words in 1 message, the db size might not change from its minimum.

>And when registering a "good" mail i get the following:
>[root at localhost eric]# cat
>Maildir/cur/1044373323.3271_0.localhost.localdomain,S\=4156\:2,
>|/usr/local/bogofilter/bin/bogofilter -x d -vv -C -n -d /home/eric/.bogofilter/
>db_open( good, /home/eric/.bogofilter/goodlist.db, 1 )
>db_open( spam, /home/eric/.bogofilter/spamlist.db, 1 )
># 363 words, 1 message
>bogofilter: 1 messages on the good list
>db_close(good, /home/eric/.bogofilter/goodlist.db, false)
>db_close(spam, /home/eric/.bogofilter/spamlist.db, false)
>[root at localhost eric]# ls -l .bogofilter/
>total 24
>-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        16384 Feb  4 16:52 goodlist.db
>-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         8192 Feb  4 16:52 spamlist.db
>[root at localhost eric]#

Each wordlist has a special token ".MSG_COUNT" which gives the number of
messages registered in that wordlist.  bogoutil has "-w dirname" for
displaying .MSG_COUNT for spamlist.db and goodlist.db in the named
directory.  Command "bogoutil -w . .MSG_COUNT" will display the counts for you.

>The version is the tarball from sourceforge downloaded today, its the
>0.10.2 version.
>
>I dont know if there is something I've done wrong, but it doesnt seem like it.
>
>I placed the spammail I used above on the following url for your reference
>http://www.egp.cx/test_spam_mail.txt
>And the good mail, was your reply to my question on the list.

I'll take a look at the spammail.