registering spammails

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Feb 4 16:50:23 CET 2003

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the mailing list.  What you're doing looks fine.  Now it's
question time ...

It looks like you've built bogofilter from the source code.  Have you run
"make check"?  Did all the tests pass?

What version of bogofilter do you have?  We've not seen that problem in any
version of bogofilter.  I just tried to reproduce your problem with 0.10.2,
the current stable release, and didn't encounter your problem.

As an experiment, include flags "-x d -vv" in your command line to turn on
some debugging information.  Here's some of my (correct) output using the
spam and good mailboxes in directory tests/bogofilter/inputs:

Below is some annotated output from my test.  Feel free to duplicate what
I've done and send the output to the list.

David

## first remove any old wordlists
[relson at osage src]$ rm -f *.db

## then test "-n" to load into goodlist.db

[relson at osage src]$ cat tests/bogofilter/inputs/good.mbx | bogofilter -x d
-vv -C -n -d . ; ls -l *.db
db_open( good, ./goodlist.db, 1 )
db_open( spam, ./spamlist.db, 1 )
# 13490 words, 48 messages
bogofilter: 48 messages on the good list
                                ^^^^
                                correct - loading into good list
db_close(good, ./goodlist.db, false)
db_close(spam, ./spamlist.db, false)
-rw-r--r--    1 relson   relson     135168 Feb  4 10:41 goodlist.db
-rw-r--r--    1 relson   relson       8192 Feb  4 10:41 spamlist.db
                                     ^^^^^^ data is in goodlist.db

## remove db from previous test
[relson at osage src]$ rm -f *.db

## then test "-s" to load into spamlist.db
[relson at osage src]$ cat tests/bogofilter/inputs/spam.mbx | bogofilter -x d
-vv -C -s -d . ; ls -l *.db
db_open( good, ./goodlist.db, 1 )
db_open( spam, ./spamlist.db, 1 )
# 5869 words, 21 messages
bogofilter: 21 messages on the spam list
                                ^^^^
                                correct - loading into spam listlist
db_close(good, ./goodlist.db, false)
db_close(spam, ./spamlist.db, false)
-rw-r--r--    1 relson   relson     135168 Feb  4 10:42 goodlist.db
-rw-r--r--    1 relson   relson      53248 Feb  4 10:42 spamlist.db
                                     ^^^^^^ data is in spamlist.db