bogofilter over NFS

Piotr KUCHARSKI chopin at sgh.waw.pl
Sun Feb 2 15:17:51 CET 2003

Hi,

Did anyone use bogofilter on a NFS-mounted HOME, where all mails
and also .bogofilter/.db are located? I'm experiencing some strange
problems.

In a few words: it goes into infinite loop trying to lock .db
This is strange, because fcntl() is supposed to work fine on NFS.
(Also, version 0.7.4 from which I upgraded to 0.10.1.4 had no such
problems)

Furthermore, when I moved .bogofilter dir to some local fs, it
went fine, but after some time (few hours? I can check, if it matters)
it started to say:

bogofilter: (db) db_getvalue( 'akson.sgh.waw.pl' ), err: 5, I/O error

After clearing .db's it went OK for a while and started to say so
again (different keyword now).

p.

PS if it was already discussed, please send me subject, so I could
fetch whole thread from mailman

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal