RPM Help Needed

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 31 01:01:07 CET 2003

Greetings,

I need some help with bogofilter's rpms.

Having recently upgraded my workstation from Mandrake 9.1 to 9.2, the
rpms I build have a couple of Mandrake specific dependencies,
i.e. perl(MIME::Parser), perl(POSIX), and perl(strict).  An rpm built
with these dependencies won't load on older versions of Mandrake, for
example 9.1.  I presume there will have comparable difficulty with
other distributions.

I have tried using "%define _requires_exceptions ..." statements, but
can't make all 3 dependencies go away.  At best I can make 1 of the
dependencies go away.

So, someone with rpm spec file knowledge who can fix it or someone to
build the release rpms is needed!

Thanks,