AutoReq(prov)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Dec 30 15:42:44 CET 2003

Matthias,

Adding AutoReq(prov) to bogofilter.spec.in, and building on my Mandrake
9.2 system, produces the following result:

[root at osage i586]# rpm -q --requires bogofilter
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
bash
perl-base
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)
libdb-4.1.so
libgslcblas.so.0
libgsl.so.0
libm.so.6
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
perl >= 0:5.005_03
perl(MIME::Parser)
perl(POSIX)
perl(strict)

The last three items are bad, very bad.

I spent some time trying to make them go away using the "%define
_requires_exceptions" statement.  I could trim the list from 3 baddies
to 2, but no further.  AFAICT, rpm can only deal with one exception.
Any others are ignored.

At the least, the last 3 perl items prevent installation on Mandrake
9.1.  I imagine they don't work well for other distributions :-(