retraining bogofilter with read and unread emails

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Thu Dec 18 19:26:45 CET 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 11:54:36AM -0500, Eric Wood wrote:
> The only thing I don't know is about read/unread flag.  Since I view my spam
> account via IMAP, it knows what I've read and unread.  Where is this flag
> typically stored?

Courier IMAP encodes that information in the name and location of the
file holding the message in the maildir folder.  When I list messages
in an IMAP folder the new messages move from the 'new' directory to
the 'cur' directory (in the maildir structure), and each message file
gets ":2," appended to its filename.  When I view/read a message body
the filename suffix changes from ":2," to "2,S".  The contents of the
file itself do not seem to change during either of these operations.

I would expect any other IMAP server based on maildir storage to work
much the same way.  It should be easy to verify if you can access the
server.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370