bogoupgrade [Re: Bogofilter good/spam list -> wordlist.db]

Tig tigger at onemoremonkey.com
Tue Dec 16 11:37:57 CET 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:27:00 -0500
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:25:32 +1100
> Tig <tigger at onemoremonkey.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:12:22 -0500
> > David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Hi Tig,
> > >
> > > Sorry about that.  I should have suggested "bogupgrade -h" to
> > > display the help message.  After sending my reply, I checked the
> > > man page and found it to be woefully out of date.  All you need to
> > > do is run"bogoupgrade -d your_directory".  It will find
> > > spamlist.db and goodlist.db and will create wordlist.db.
> > >
> > > Bogofilter will auto-detech whether you have a combined or
> > > separate wordlists.  It checks for wordlist.db and, if found, uses
> > > it.  If wordlist.db isn't found, it checks for spamlist.db and
> > > goodlist.db and uses them.
> > >
> > > David
> > >

> > There seems to be an issue with my version:
> >
> > tigger at piglet:~% bogoupgrade -d ~/.bogofilter/
> > Can't use an undefined value as filehandle reference at
> > /usr/local/bin/bogoupgrade line 152.
> >
> > Same if I use a full path as well. Could this be a FreeBSD 5.1
> > issue?
> >
> > -Tig
>
> Tig,
>
> Many things are possible.  What version do you have?  I've attached
> the 0.15.10 version for you to try.
>
> Please use the mailing list as others may well have had the same
> problem and may have other solutions (possibly even better than mine
> :-)
>
> David

Just for the record. The 0.15.10 version of bogoupgrade works fine (and
the wordlist.db is a lot smaller than the combined good/spam lists
size), but version 0.15.7 from the FreeBSD ports collection has a
problem for sure. What ever has changed between to the two versions has
corrected the issue.

Thanks heaps for your time David!

-Tig