Need help please

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Mon Dec 15 23:26:00 CET 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:16:50PM -0800, Charles F. Wyble (imap) wrote:

> What does the "Program failure (-8) of "bogofilter" mean?  I can't find
> any reference to this in either the procmail or bogofilter docs.

While I don't know what that is, you might try running bogofilter from
the command line to see if it reports any errors:

  bogofilter -d /etc/bogofilter < /tmp/anemailmsg.txt
  echo $?

Does that report any errors?

If you had a good and a spam wordlist you might want to combine them and
see if that helps.  If you just have one you might want to rebuild it,
just in case you have any db4 errors:
  cd /etc/bogofilter
  bogoutil -d ./wordlist.db | bogoutil -l ./new.db
  ls -l new.db wordlist.db
  mv new.db wordlist.db

Chris