bogoupgrade [Re: Bogofilter good/spam list -> wordlist.db]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 15 15:25:09 CET 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:31:11 +0100
Johannes Klug <derjoi at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Monday 15 December 2003 14:12, David Relson wrote:
> > Bogofilter will auto-detech whether you have a combined or separate
> > wordlists.  It checks for wordlist.db and, if found, uses it.  If
> > wordlist.db isn't found, it checks for spamlist.db and goodlist.db
> > and uses them.
> >
> > David
>
> Hi David,
> Out of curiosity, will this separate wordlist compatibility kicked out
> of bogofilter anytime soon?
>
> Johannes

Hi Johannes,

Yes.  As soon as we have another stable 0.15.x release, 0.16.0 will be
released as current.  All the code for compatibility with old versions
of bogofilter will be deprecated.   It will still be present but the
default build won't include it.  "./configure --enable-deprecated-code"
will  be needed to include it.  After 0.16.x is promoted to stable,
0.17.0 will be released as current.  The code that was deprecated in
0.16.0 will be removed in 0.17.0.