DG/UX [was: Re: problem building 0.15.7]

Dave Lovelace dave at firstcomp.biz
Fri Dec 12 18:41:51 CET 2003

This is in answer to more than one message.  I've been on the phone all
morning with people with big problems, & am still somewhat rushed.

Gyepi SAM wrote, in part:

> Yes. I gave you the short answer. In any case, we know you have ar and your
> version supports the necessary options.
>
> Did you get a chance to run my configure.new script? What was the result.
> Send any errors generated.
>
> I am expecting it to make the linker errors go away.

Haven't had time yet.  I hope to get to it this afternoon.

Matthias Andree wrote, in part:
> Can you fetch and build GSL on your system, and if so, install it? It
> MAY solve our problem, because I have stripped configure.ac quite a bit
> when importing the original GSL, and this may have cost features I
> deemed unnecessary but that may be needed on DGUX.
>
> GSL should be available from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gsl/

I downloaded & configured it.  Running make on it (either original DG make
or GNU make) produces the following:

----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----
$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/FCIonly/src/gsl/gsl-1.4'
Making all in gsl
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/FCIonly/src/gsl/gsl-1.4/gsl'
rm -f gsl*.h
HEADERLIST="../gsl*.h ../*/gsl*.h"; \
for h in $HEADERLIST; do \
  BASENAME=`basename $h`; \
  test -e $BASENAME || ln -s $h $BASENAME; \
done
UX:ksh: ERROR: test: argument expected
UX:ksh: ERROR: test: argument expected
UX:ksh: ERROR: test: argument expected