debian configure & compile - not working

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers at pe.net
Thu Dec 11 06:01:06 CET 2003

I'm attempting to upgrade to 0.15.7, on debian sarge.

I've downloaded Berkeley_DB4.2.52, and have it compiled & installed.

Now when I attempt to configure & compile bogofilter, using just
"./configure" or "./configure --with-db=/usr/local//BerkeleyDB.4.2"

it fails with the following error;

checking for library providing db_create... no
configure: error: Can not locate a suitable Berkeley DB library.  Use
--with-db=PATH to specify the path to a v3+ install directory

I also have the debian specific libraries installed, and have attempted
to point bogofilter to look for those as well, and it also fails.

Any other thing(s) I may be missing, and/or tips?

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers at pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO: