Merge word lists (was Re: Bogofilter won't learn anymore)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 10 13:21:44 CET 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:34:31 +0100 (CET)
Alexander Borghgraef <ab at telin.UGent.be> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Alexander Borghgraef wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Chris Wilkes wrote:
> >
> > > Can you use two wordlists with 0.15.x?
> >
> >  Apparently. I upgraded and kept the two. But now that I know I'm
> >  not
> > supposed to, I'll run bogoupgrade :-)
>
>  Hmm, let's get back on this. I've been reading bogoupgrade's man
>  page,
> and I don't see any references to combining goodlist.db and
> spamlist.db into a single file, just upgrading both files (or their
> precursors such as hamlist.count) to more recent versions. How am I
> supposed to combine them?

Greetings Alexander,

Here's a quote from the man page:

       The  -d specifies the directory with the wordlists for
converting. This
       option is used when converting from multiple, separate wordlists
(spam-
       list.db and goodlist.db - containing spam and ham tokens,
respectively)
       to a combined wordlist (wordlist.db) which contains both spam
and  ham
       tokens.

Just run "bogoupgrade -d /path/to/your/wordlists"