11 days

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Mon Dec 8 14:08:41 CET 2003

On 5 Dec 2003 at 8:04, David Relson wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > I just received a spam mail. This is the first after a
> > little more than 11 days. This is really satisfying. In this
> > time more than 2500 ham (230/d) and 1500 spam (140/d)
> > messages were classified correctly. This is certainly my
> > personal best so far:-))

It certainly beats me,
I am getting approx 1 in 1000 for both ham and spam.
Mind you I am a bit behind the cutting edge now
(13.6.2 used with case insensitive mode)

I assume your database was constructed using your train-to-exhaustion
bogotrain script.

Maybe we could set up a performance league table on the web-site with
associated config and training details, so people can get a idea of what
works best in practice.

--
Peter Bishop
Adelard LLP and Centre for Software Reliability, City University