11 days

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Fri Dec 5 15:09:00 CET 2003

David Relson wrote:

>> I just received a spam mail. This is the first after a
>> little more than 11 days. This is really satisfying. In this
>> time more than 2500 ham (230/d) and 1500 spam (140/d)
>> messages were classified correctly. This is certainly my
>> personal best so far:-))
>
> What?  No help from bogofilter?

Well, all with help from bogofilter, but with no help for
bogofilter in that time:-)

> I think it's time for you to should send "thank you" notes to all your
> spammers for being consistent in what the trash they send to you and
> making life easy for a simple little bayesian filter.

Well, that is the main surprise. I don't think this is the
case. I even receive lots of spammish-looking legitimate
mail which should make it harder.

> Kidding aside, those are great results!

Absolutely, so my thanks go to all those who contributed.

On a technical note: I just retrained my database.
Surprisingly few messages (21 spam, 7 ham) need to be
trained to classify all my more than 57k messages in my
collection correctly and outside my security margin again.

pi