exit codes in docs

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 4 11:26:24 CEST 2003

Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> writes:

> Fair enough.  I've revealed my antediluvian origins :)   All the same,
> while I would never opt for expressing the spam score in the exit code,
> I do think 0/1/2 (or whatever number prevents Matthias's onions from
> getting in a bunch) for spam/nonspam/unsure is a useful modification.
> I made it for myself several months ago and would be glad to see the
> convenience made available to the general bogofilter user population.

Personal preference/convenience cannot be the design basis of an
interface. What if I want 0=spam 1=unsure 2=nonspam 3=error? Or the next
one wants 0=error 1=spam 2=unsure 3=nonspam?

When we cannot agree on a scheme, leaving the interface (that is
externally visible and crucial) unchanged doesn't appear as unsound to
me.