exit codes in docs [was: Correction to integrating-with-postfix]

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sun Aug 3 01:55:55 CEST 2003

On 20030802 (Sat) at 1938:09 -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > One objective of bogofilter is to scale well.  Parsing ASCII output
> > takes a good bit more time than checking return codes.
>
> I don't think that that's true.  These aren't the days of MS-DOS and %ERRORLEVEL%.

Fair enough.  I've revealed my antediluvian origins :)   All the same,
while I would never opt for expressing the spam score in the exit code,
I do think 0/1/2 (or whatever number prevents Matthias's onions from
getting in a bunch) for spam/nonspam/unsure is a useful modification.
I made it for myself several months ago and would be glad to see the
convenience made available to the general bogofilter user population.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |