exit codes in docs [was: Correction to integrating-with-postfix]

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sat Aug 2 16:10:42 CEST 2003

On 20030802 (Sat) at 0935:57 -0400, David Relson wrote:
> At 09:05 AM 8/2/03, Matthias Andree wrote:
> >On Sat, 02 Aug 2003, David Relson wrote:
> >
> >> Matthias,
> >>

> So far, you're the only person requesting that the exit codes revert to the
> old values.  Both pi and Greg prefer 2=unsure, 3=exit.

Matthias is pulling a SCO and escalating the war ;)  Now he doesn't
want to allow us to add a code for unsure because that too will break
some users' scripts.

As I said (rather intemperately) yesterday, I can live with any values
you may choose; however, returning a separate code for unsure is a
valuable addition.  I have been using 0/1/2/3 for several months, which
is why I like it; I would even favour 0/1/2/99 with 99 being the error
code, to distinguish error more clearly.  Once we add a separate code
for unsure, I think there will be broken scripts anyhow; so preserving
2 as the error return seems to me to have little merit.  And refusing
to make a valuable (and long-overdue) improvement for the sake of
avoiding some trivial script tweaking does not seem reasonable at this
stage in bogofilter's development.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |