[bogofilter-announce] Bogofilter-0.14.1 - New Current Release

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Aug 1 15:01:33 CEST 2003

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003, Jeff Flowers wrote:

> I agree with just about your whole email. Bogofilter's exit codes should be
> consistant from release to release; its purpose and features sharply defined
> to prevent bloat. However, the developers are free to take Bogofilter where
> they wish.

I am one of them, and I spoke up when this exact issue (exit code
"error" changing from 2 to 3) was polled on the bogofilter-dev list.

> I do understand your feelings but if this is going to keep you from updating
> the FreeBSD package of Bogofilter then perhaps it might be better if someone
> else maintained it.

With the packager hat on, I cannot let updates through that break
existing scripts for frivulous reasons, beta or no. Given that the
FreeBSD port is at the latest "stable" version, and this discussion
currently touches the "current" release series that I do expect to
change, this is only conservative to avoid user astonishment.