[bogofilter-announce] Bogofilter-0.14.1 - New Current Release

Jeff Flowers jeff at goo.cc
Fri Aug 1 14:43:53 CEST 2003

> We _NEED_ to cut the option count to half of what it is now. We'll
> have less code paths and easier debugging.
>

> Putting on the packager's hat: I will not ship or approve updates
> for bogofilter on FreeBSD unless this is solved.
>
> --
> Matthias Andree

I agree with just about your whole email. Bogofilter's exit codes should be
consistant from release to release; its purpose and features sharply defined
to prevent bloat. However, the developers are free to take Bogofilter where
they wish.

I do understand your feelings but if this is going to keep you from updating
the FreeBSD package of Bogofilter then perhaps it might be better if someone
else maintained it.

Respectfully,

Jeff Flowers