Configuring bogofilter inside of a maildrop mailfilter

elijah elijah at riseup.net
Sun Apr 20 02:19:40 CEST 2003

> > On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 11:31:54AM -0500, David A. Ulevitch wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to get bogofilter to work inside my mailfilter file and am
> >> having some difficulty.
> >>
> >> My setup is qmail+vpopmail+maildrop
> >>
> >> I've got this in my mailfilter:
> >>
> >> xfilter "/usr/bin/bogofilter -d
> >> /raid/var/vpopmail/domains/everydns.net/davidu/.bogofilter -u -e -p"
> >> [ed: one line]
> >> if (/^X-Bogosity: Yes, tests=bogofilter/)
> >> {
> >>     log "       \\== Bogofilter Marked As Spam!"
> >>     to "./davidu/Maildir/.Spam"
> >> }

It looks like you are using virtual users. Typically, virtual users do
not have shells (which is often the whole point). If this is true for
you, your mailfitler needs to defined a shell before xfilter command
will work.

try this at the top of the mailfilter:

SHELL="/bin/ash"

or some other lightweight shell.