problems using bogofilter v0.11.1.3

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Apr 19 03:34:24 CEST 2003

At 09:21 PM 4/18/03, Torsten Kunkel wrote:

> > to get a better look at what is happenig in that file. (This simply
> > removes all comments and blank lines.)
>
>thanks for the hint, but for me there seems to be another problem.
>In my configfile there isn't any uncommented line, so nothing can be
>doubled.
>
>Sorry

Torsten,

In the original bogofilter.cf.example file, uncommented lines show the
default values (as coded in the C source files).  Informational lines such
as headings and explanations and lines showing alternate values for the
options are commented with a leading '#'.

Apparently the Debian convention is to use "##" where I used a single "#"
and use a single "#" for lines giving program defaults.

Bogofilter uses the last value it sees for all options (except
bogofilter_dir where multiple directories are allowed as a step towards
handling multiple pairs of wordlists).  For all ordinary options, no harm
is done if they appears twice.